Gresley FC Homepage

Match Report  |  Ibstock United vs Gresley FC

Ibstock United  0
Gresley FC  1
Barrett 3

Coalville Charity Cup

Tuesday, 18th October 2011, 7.30pm

Gresley Through To Charity Semi

Manager Gary Norton made several changes for this Coalville Charity Cup Quarter Final game at Ibstock United.

Darren Keeling came in as goalkeeper and Jamie Barrett, Jordi Gough and Dean Oliver given valuable match time as they continue their recovery from injury. Trialist Ben Whitaker was given a place on the bench.

Despite Gresley getting a great start to the game the rest of the eighty seven or so minutes remaining was a fairly even affair with clear chances at both ends a rarity.

With just three minutes on the clock Gresley were awarded a free kick on the right after a robust challenge on Kyle Bryant. Marc Goodfellow slung over the kick to the far post where Barrett was on hand to stab the ball home from close in.

The visitors went close on 26 minutes when Oliver laid the ball through to Rob Spencer whose shot was blocked by the legs of United keeper George Shuttleworth.

Ibstock went close 10 minutes later when a free kick from Mark Chamberlain was flicked wide by Jack Lewis. Seconds later it was Gresley who had another chance to increase their lead when Richard Hanslow beat Shuttleworth to the ball but as the striker steadied himself to knock the ball towards goal Richard Wileman managed to head the ball away from danger.

The first half drew to a close with Lee Barrow heading Goodfellow's corner from the left just over the bar.

The first 20 minutes of the second half were uneventful with the only action seeing referee Mr Barny being replaced by Mr Fauch due to a calf injury.

Spencer went close again on 75 minutes from a set piece. Goodfellow's free kick from the right picked out Barrow at the far post who in turn looped a header back across the box but Spencer's header flew just over the bar.

The final two chances both came to Gresley as the game petered out. A good footballing move ended with Oliver hitting a shot that Shuttleworth blocked and then Oliver did well to rob Lee Barton on the edge of the area but the keeper again did well to block the final shot.

Subject to confirmation, Gresley will play the winner of Bardon Hill and Ashby Ivanhoe in the semi-final at the Moat Ground early in the New Year.

Match Stats
Shots on Target 4 0
Shots off Target 3 3
Corners 3 7
Fouls Conceded 9 19
Yellow Cards 1 0
Red Cards 0 0
Possession (%) 55 45
Streaming Interview
Ibstock United
1 George Shuttleworth
2 Ryan Foster
3 Ryan Pearce
4 Rich Wileman
5 Jamie Brown
6 Lee Barton
7 Jack Murray
8 Mark Chamberlain
9 Jack Kyte
10 Jack Lewis
11 Sam Adams
12 Josh Lovett
not used
14 Liam Martin
for 9 - 79 mins
15 Mark Clifford
for 7 - 83 mins
16 Richard Whittle
not used
Gresley FC
1 Darren Keeling
2 Matt Hill
3 Jordi Gough
4 Lee Barrow
5 Jamie Barrett (c)
6 Kyle Bryant
7 Marc Goodfellow
8 Gareth Langford
9 Dean Oliver Yellow Card
10 Richard Hanslow
11 Rob Spencer
12 Royce Turville
not used
14 Mickey Lyons
for 8 - 73 mins
15 Ben Whittaker
for 11 - 80 mins
16 Tom Bettridge
for 10 - 70 mins
17 Gary Hateley
not used
Other Match Info

Referee: Mr Barny & Mr Fauch